[Python-Dev] RFC: trunk checkins between now and 2.5 final

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 19:53:47 CEST 2006

Only one gripe:

[Anthony Baxter]
> Once we hit release candidate 1, the trunk gets branched to
> reease25-maint.

Save the branch for 2.5 final (i.e., the 2.5final tag and the
release25-maint branch start life exactly the same).  Adding a new
step before it's possible to fix rc1 critical bugs is the worst
possible time to add a new step.  PEP 356 shows only one week between
rc1 and final, and nobody is gonna from frustration waiting a week to
merge their (currently non-existent, AFAICT) 2.6 branches into the
trunk.

As to the rest, I'll be happy to help revert things ;-)