[Python-Dev] Massive test_sqlite failure on Mac OSX ... sometimes

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Oct 21 06:42:05 CEST 2006

Following up on my earlier post...

I svn up'd both my g5 and my g4 powerbook (both running OSX 10.4.8, gcc
4.0.0 apple build 5026), built and tested both.  The test suite completed
fine on my powerbook, failed on the g5.  I tried running regrtest.py twice
more on the g5 with the -r flag.  It failed the first time, succeeded the
second.  I then made a series of run with the -f flag (thank you once again
for that Señor Peters).  I whittled it down to the following reliably
failing pair:

    $ ./python.exe Lib/test/regrtest.py -l -f tests
    test_ctypes
    test_sqlite
    test test_sqlite failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
    1 test OK.
    1 test failed:
	test_sqlite

For confirmation, this pair works fine on my g4 powerbook.  I've gone no
further so far.  It's bedtime.  Maybe someone else can at least try to
reproduce what I've come up with so far on other platforms or on another Mac
g5.

Skip