[Python-Dev] Encouraging developers

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Mar 6 01:38:30 CET 2007

On 05/03/2007 19.46, A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> At PyCon, there was general agreement that exposing a read-only
> Bazaar/Mercurial/git/whatever version of the repository wouldn't be
> too much effort, and might make things easier for external people
> developing patches.

I really believe this is just a red herring, pushed by some SCM wonk. The
problem with patch submission has absolutely *nothing* to do with tools. Do we
have any evidence that new developers are getting frustrated because they
can't handle their patches well enough with the current tools?
--
Giovanni Bajo