[Python-Dev] At least one package management tool for 2.7

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:59:34 CET 2010

I wonder if there are many people here who don't use some kind of
"easy_install" package for package management in their Python /
virtualenv installations? I propose to include at least one such
package that is capable to auto-update itself in Python 2.7

C:\~env\Python27>python.exe -m easy_install
C:\~env\Python27\python.exe: No module named easy_install

C:\~env\Python27>python.exe -m pip
C:\~env\Python27\python.exe: No module named pip

It bugs me when I have to troubleshoot things on yet another machine
that doesn't have some kind of `setuptools` installed. Or when I have
to test some bug in my package on different Python version with a
clean install and need some dependencies.

--
anatoly t.