[Python-Dev] how to decide on a Python 3 design for wsgiref

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Sep 15 23:49:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 14:41, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 22:46, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>> Both the RM and BDFL agree that Python 3.2b1 should be held up until
>> we settle this wsgi matter. That makes it a question of how to settle
>> it.
> I think that's a very good goal. Given all the times it's come up on
> the Web-SIG list (I even tried my hand at it once) and a consensus has
> failed to form, it seems pretty important that we force some kind of
> breakthrough.
> One problem: Graham Dumpleton, who is certainly one of the more
> knowledgeable people on this subject, will be on vacation "from late
> September". It looks like he's gone at least until half October. It
> would be a pity if we force a decision without his input.

It can get shifted to November 1 if needed. I just don't want it to
drag on forever as it will keep postponing Python 3.2.

More information about the Python-Dev mailing list