[Python-Dev] how to decide on a Python 3 design for wsgiref

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Sep 16 00:16:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 13:46 -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> Both the RM and BDFL agree that Python 3.2b1 should be held up until
> we settle this wsgi matter. That makes it a question of how to settle
> it.
> Thinking out loud here to keep this discussion focused, I say we give
> a deadline for PEPs to be submitted by October 15th. We then choose
> two PEP dictators to make a call by November 1, get wsgiref cleaned up
> ASAP, and get Python 3.2b1 out the door immediately thereafter. If
> web-sig manages to come to an agreement as a whole before then we can
> skip the PEPs, but if they have not managed to do this already then it
> probably is not going to suddenly happen now under threat of
> python-dev making the call for them by blessing a new wsgiref
> implementation (happy to be proven wrong, though).

FWIW, I've submitted http://github.com/mcdonc/web3/blob/master/web3.rst
as a PEP (by sending a mail to peps at python.org).

- C

More information about the Python-Dev mailing list