[Python-Dev] Goodbye

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 23 23:41:09 CEST 2010

>> Asking every now and then "is this still an issue", or setting
>> the version number, doesn't really advance the issue.
>

> Setting Versions properly helps anyone searching for issues relevant to
> a particular version. If having a field set properly does not matter,
> then is should not be there. Are you suggesting that Versions be deleted?

I didn't say the field does not matter. I said adjusting it doesn't
advance the issue. Anybody *really* working on the issue might choose
to update it, or might choose to leave it incorrect when the issue is
going to be closed, anyway. I do believe that much of the information on
closed issues is irrelevant - yet I would oppose to deleting them
entirely from the database.

Regards,
Martin