[Python-Dev] Goodbye

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Sep 24 07:41:14 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" writes:

 > I didn't say the field does not matter. I said adjusting it doesn't
 > advance the issue. Anybody *really* working on the issue might
 > choose to update it, or might choose to leave it incorrect when the
 > issue is going to be closed, anyway.

Yes, and we'd all like more people to do more "real" work.  But not
everybody has the time or skills.  I think this is a case where
"agreeing to disagree" is the best we can do.

Specifically, Terry has made a strong case that "a few minutes per
issue" *can* improve the tracker in ways that *are* noticable to some
of the developers (and some of them have acknowledged that).  It would
be nice if the "tracker trimmers"[1] could assemble 60 of those into a
few hours, and do some "real work", but that's often just not possible
(especially for people with minimal programming expertise as yet).

Footnotes:
[1]  Trawlers take fish out of the ocean: not really the best
metaphor.  Gardening is a better metaphor.