[Python-Dev] packaging location ?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:28:35 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Éric Araujo <eric at netwok.org> wrote:
> “find a PEP dictator and propose changes”.  And when I started the
> thread about removing packaging in 3.3, hundreds of replies discussed
> changing the whole distutils architecture, splitting the project,
> exploring new systems, etc.,

Yes, yes, but that's just the same old drama that pops up every time
this is discussed with the same old arguments all over again. We'll
never get anywhere if we care about *that*.

The way to go forward is via PEPs, fix them if needed, implement in a
separate package, stick into stdlib once it works.

//Lennart