[Python-Dev] Hello, I am André Freitas :)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat May 23 01:39:50 CEST 2015

On 23 May 2015 01:15, "André Freitas" <p.andrefreitas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> My name is André Freitas, I'm 22 years old and I live in Portugal
(Porto). I'm currently finishing my Masters in Informatics and Computer
Science with a thesis in Mining Software Repositories, where I am able to
predict defects in Software components:
https://github.com/andrefreitas/schwa

Oh, nice. I've been intrigued by the MSR conference series since Greg
Wilson pointed it out to me at SciPy last year, but haven't had the time to
go look at the research myself.

> I'm a Python developer with 4 years of experience and as a Speaker, did a
lot of Python workshops in Engineering Universities. I'm always learning
new things and I really love Python (it's my religion)! I have skills in
Security, Tests and Quality, Devops, Software Architecture and Engineering,
UI/UX and Compilers.

> I am reading your guidelines and just checking around to see how this
mailing list works. Hope to send some patches soon and share some ideas.

Excellent! You may want to sign up for the core-mentorship mailing list (
http://pythonmentors.com/), as that's our preferred venue for helping folks
get used to core development processes.

Cheers,
Nick.