[Python-ideas] Adding jsonschema to the standard library

Julian Berman julian at grayvines.com
Thu May 21 23:10:42 CEST 2015

Hey, author here, thanks a lot Demian for even suggesting such a thing :).

I'm really glad that people have found jsonschema useful.

I actually tend these days to think similarly to what Nick mentioned, that
the standard library really has decreased in importance as pip has shaped
up and now been bundled -- so overall my personal opinion is that I
wouldn't personally be pushing to get jsonschema in -- but! If you felt
strongly, just some brief answers -- I think jsonschema would be able to
cope with more restricted release cycles.

And there are a few areas that I don't like about jsonschema (some APIs)
which eventually I'd like to fix (RefResolver in particular), but for the
most part I think it has stabilized more or less.

I can provide some more details if there's any interest.

Thanks again for even proposing such a thing :)

-Julian