LDAP.SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED exception thrown erroneously?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun Dec 9 14:29:20 CET 2001

Michael Ströder wrote:

> Nick Reinking wrote:
> >
> > David, maybe you can help me.  I've got a really large in-house LDAP search
> > engine that I've built, and I've come across something rather unusual.
> > [..]
> > ldap.SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED: {'desc': 'Sizelimit exceeded'}
>
> Nick, your application code has to deal with that.

BTW: I've checked in Demo/asyncsizelimit.py which shows how to use
new sub-module ldap.async for retrieving the partial search results
in an almost synchronous manner even if ldap.SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED was
raised.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python-ldap/python-ldap/Demo/asyncsizelimit.py