segmentation fault on redhat enterprise linux

Christian Guenther christian.guenther at amaxa.com
Wed Aug 4 11:37:24 CEST 2004

Hi List,

I have a bunch of python and shell scripts that manage my 150+ users
and groups in ldap and
generate necessary links and aliases for them. The scripts used to work
perfectly on RedHat 9
and also on Debian 3 - they even workm on my Apple Powerbook under Mac
OS X Panther.
However since we switched over to RedHat Enterprise Linux 3, I'm having
diffculties.
Whenever I try to use one of my scripts they just die with a signal 11.
The error is reproducable
in the python shell as well. I do a

	import ldap
	l = ldap.initialize("ldap://my.ldap.server")
	l.simple_bind_s()

and receive a segmentation fault.

My environment looks like:

	RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 3
	Python 2.0.2
	Openldap 2.0.27
	OpenSSL 0.9.7a
	cyrus sasl 2.1.15

	kernel 2.0.23 with XFS support - self compiled

	python-ldap 2.0.2 compiled from tarball

If anyone could pleeeeease help me,

	chris