Grid (possible scrollable) in Tkinter?

Def P def-p at usa.net
Mon Aug 30 17:45:14 EDT 1999

Hello,

I'm looking for something like a grid in Tkinter... actually I do not want to
borrow one from existing libraries, but build one myself from Tkinter pieces,
if possible. Is this a reasonable thought? :) Would I be able to make the grid
scrollable (easily)?

Another pro^H^H^Hchallenge: I noticed/think that Tkinter does not have a
scrollable listbox. To make one isn't that hard, just throw a Listbox and a
Scrollbar together in a Frame and link them. I would like to add some more
features, like typing a letter to jump to the first item in the list starting
with that letter. ...Is building these things worthwile or shouldn't I bother
and look into libraries like Pmw? For me, the ideal situation would be if I
could distribute my programs without requiring external libraries.

TIA,
Def P