trouble with python 1.5.2 install on win98

Lee Fletcher leef_me at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 23 13:11:25 EST 1999

Hoping for some guidance to my problem w/Python,

I have installed py152.exe on (2) Win98 machines:
1 at work, 1 at home

The installation at home runs. I am having trouble running IDLE at
work. It accesses the hard drive but never becomes a running program.

Starting from the beginning, I have d/l and run py152.exe.
I accepted all default suggestions for installation of python, tk &
tcl.
I tried the "verify that the interpreter works " code on the

     http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

page, both examples work

I tried accessing IDLE from the "start menu" but no results.
I rebooted (windows restart) to make sure any pending "setups" were
finished.
I tried accessing IDLE from the "start menu" >Again< but >still< no
results.

I have tried deja & faq searches from the ptyhon help page, but did not
see anything that applies to this.

Please, can you make any suggestions on what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
    Lee

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.