What GUI-lib to use

Thomas Weholt thomas at bibsyst.no
Wed Sep 29 06:05:23 EDT 1999

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Thomas Weholt <thomas at bibsyst.no> wrote:
> > Could Tk get a more modern look perhaps and solve all our problems?
>
> maybe, but that depends on what "more
> modern look" means.

More like Gtk and KDE. Hotbuttons, themes and all the other crap stolen
from Windows. One of my points is that it`s easier to "sell"
programs/scripts with a modern look, even if they`re free. If anybody
can point me to a page showing off Tk-based apps. that don`t look
aged/out-dated, I`d be more than happy to check it out.

I don`t mean to offend any die-hard Tk-users, I`d love to use a library
that`s well supported in Python and as a whole, as Tk seem to be, but I
still want to make nice looking apps too.

Thomas Weholt