tuple creation in C extensions

Phil Austin phil at geog.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 15 17:09:10 EDT 2000

Alex <cut_me_out at hotmail.com> writes:

> Well, it wasn't a good idea anyway, since the information it would have
> gotten is already in the doc's.  But I was thinking writing a script
> that would write a C program that would create the python objects needed
> by each API function, and record how their refcounts change after they
> are passed to those functions.
>
> Alex.

A similar idea which helped me was to insert print statements in the
CXX functions that call XINCREF (5 functions), INCREF (1 function),
XDECREF (1 function) and DECREF (1 function) and watch the output
for sample extension modules.  It did manage to clear up some of the
C-language cases I wasn't sure about.

Phil