ANNOUNCEMENT: The PythonWare py152 distribution (june 5, 2000)

Anders M Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Wed Jun 14 04:01:14 EDT 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:24:01 PDT, "Hung Jung Lu"
<hungjunglu at hotmail.com> wrote:

>To put in some good words for PythonWare. I still remember from 3 years ago
<snip>
>download it, click, and done. Back then, PythonWare saved the day for many a
>newbie.

I totally agree! PythonWare have saved many hours for me and PIL is
the best thing since sliced bread!!

>Just as PythonWare, I am not a strong registry believer. I would like to be
>able to fully control my software programs, so I can build things, and move
>it to another computer (or even another operating system) and be sure that
>it will work. So I would not put things in the registry.

If you don't put it in the registry you need to put it somewhere else,
don't you? You need to define a PYTHONPATH, if you do as a environment
variable (.or whatever it's called in Unix/Mac) or in the registry,
same thing. If you move something out of the path you need to change
the path...

// Anders
Different-people-will-think-differently