python is hard to learn without c

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Wed Jun 14 04:24:13 EDT 2000

Hi,

I`ve been programming for the last 7-8 years or so, in Pascal, Delphi,
Java, Perl, itsy-bitsy pieces of C/C++ and for the last 1,5 year
Python.

Python is by far the easiest language of the above, even with no
experience whatsoever. I tell all people who want to start programming
to at least start with Python, learn the ropes then move to something
else if Python doesn`t do what they need. Most of them I`ve talked
with still use only Python. :->

I`ve tried to implement a project in all of the programming languages
above. The development time was reduced by a ten fold when I moved to
Python. Some if this might be experience from the prior
implementations, but most of it is cuz Python is easy, fun and it
actually gets the job done. It also reduced the amount of code I had
to write, which reduced the time I had to look for bugs, so I could
focus on development of features and cool, nifty things.

Needless to say, I love Python, in a programming-nerdy-kind of way,
but I`ve tried alot of the alternatives, and they don`t come anywhere
near the easy of use and productiveness of Python.

Try Python once more.

Thomas