A Q. about re

Wayne infotechsys at pivot.net
Thu May 25 09:39:22 EDT 2000

Hello,
This not quite about re, but what I'm trying to do with re.
I have a module name MyForm.py,  which consist of TROFF sysntax and some

names that I want to replace using re. Like so-

myForm = r """ then the
                      sysntax for
                      troff goes here
                      name1  name2 """
                                                  ^

I have another module that  builds a GUI interface
that user can enter some information and imports MyForm.
I then would like to take the information that the user keyed
in and use this information to replace the values name1 and name2
in the troff form using re.
Now the Question - I'm getting a SyntaxError at the point of the carret.

Could somebody tell me why. Don't I have a string being assign to a
variable?
TIA
Wayne