newbie question

Dave LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Mar 29 00:36:49 EST 2001

Hi;

I've installed both Zope and Apache, and found that Apache was harder
to install then Zope due to poor configuration documentation (a
listing of all the configuration directives without any description of
their use or any sort of "big picture" tutorial doesn't help).

However, Apache is considerably easier to use then Zope, since Zope
lacks (currently - i've heard a book is on the way) any real sort of
tutorial that explains simple things like it's architecture very well
or how to do basic tasks, how the control panel is organized etc.  I
even tried a pretty specific tutorial and it didn't work.

As long as I have anybody's attention, can anybody recommend a _good_
tutorial for Apache? All i've seen are  rehashs of the configuration
instructions that come with Apache and that's just not good enough!

Of course, it's hard to beat an infinite price/performance ratio (_if_
you can get it to perform!) :-)

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc