VPython/Tk app works on single processor but not dual

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Mar 23 17:06:56 EST 2001

On 23 Mar 2001 15:38:42 GMT, fcy at enteract.com (Fred Yankowski) wrote:

>I really want to build VPython from source myself, so that I can
>instrument and tweak the C code to check out some theories I've got
>about why it's hanging.  If you've got a VC++ project file, I'd like
>to have that.  Is the VPython build process for Win32 documented
>anywhere?

yup. just download the sources from

http://cil.andrew.cmu.edu/projects/visual/download/VisualSource-2001-02-27.zip

and unzip into your Python folder. i had to change the link line to
/MD from /MT, other than that, it works out of the box.

your residue.py script still runs fine on my machine with the latest
version of the source code and the visual python scripts
(Visual-2001-03-08).

>The "The Book of Numbers" book by Conway
>and Guy looks to be wonderful source of material that could be adapted
>into such programs.

thanks. was looking it over the other day at the store. will grab it
and give a closer look.

>P.S.  I'm using a 3DFx VooDoo-3 3000 16MB AGP video card.

do other GL programs run okay on your system? for example, do you have
the VTK stuff? does that run too?

>P.P.S.  I get hundreds of email messages every day.  I have seen that at
>least one of the mail servers involved will refuse incoming messages
>that appear to come from invalid domain names.

i send thousands of email messages and never had one bounce like this.