CGI XML-RPC (xmlrpccgi.py) demo?

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Mar 29 09:07:24 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> sorry, it looks like I misread your original question -- I thought
> you were looking for a way to pass arguments (i.e. do RPC calls)
> to a server process via HTTP and CGI, not that you had to use
> a certain syntax.

Oh, I can use XML-RPC just fine, as my (apparently quite
buzzword-compliant) company wants to give their products in future a SOAPy
flavour (they kept mishearing me saying SOAP when I was saying Zope ;). I
just thought that CGI XML-RPC would also handle parsing POST/GET
parameters -- well, it would have been too easy then. Sigh.

I guess I'll have to parse the parameters by hand, and using XML-RPC
at a later stage of the processing pipeline.

> under XML-RPC, you send XML-RPC requests, not FORMs.  see
> http://www.xmlrpc.com for more info.

Thanks, have been there (though got no T-shirt yet).

You as others been very helpful. Now if somebody could tell me where I can
get Bobo for Medusa...