win32com:MakePy -- Early Binding without the size jitters?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at
Fri Mar 9 12:08:10 CET 2001

"Clark C. Evans" <cce at> wrote in message
news:mailman.984043211.10915.python-list at
> each library.  I was wondering... is it safe to delete
> methods/interfaces which I'm not using?  I've deleted

> a few, and it still works for my purposes, so I was
> wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot -- or if
> there is a methodological approach to this pruning?

Yes: study the sources and look at the bForDemand
flag (introduced reasonably recently).  That flag
ensures that only the wrappers you're actually using
are generated (it uses packages rather than modules
to house the wrappers).