learning python...

chris chrislamb at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 24 05:48:42 EST 2001

Benjamin.Altman wrote:

> Hello.  From the perspective of someone who already has programming
> experience, would anyone know if O'reillys "Learning Python" book would
> be better than say Prentice Hall's "Core Python Programming"?  Or would
> it be better to go straight into something like "Programming Python"?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

"Core Python Programming "from PH is easily the better book for easing into
Python. I am an O'Reilly fan and generally buy their books blind if it is
on a subject I am interested in (since they very rarely disappoint).
However on this occassion the PH book is a genuinely good book and worth
buying, considerably more than the Learning Python book and the 2e version
of Programming Python.

My opinion!

Chris