How do I get Win32 to locate DLLs elsewhere (not really a Python thing)?

gzeljko gzeljko at sezampro.yu
Fri Mar 16 08:19:55 EST 2001

Francois Forest <francois_forest at yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:3AB1F697.485A776D at yahoo.fr...
> I got the same kind of problem on WinNT and Tcl80.dll,
> I did the same tinkering you did and saw no improvement either.
> Finally, I cleaned up the registry of all useless path (a poor install
> program had set some C:\RECYCLER\123456xxx\... in many paths).
> Do not forget to reboot (actually I logged off).
> I suspect one PATH variable to have reached a maximum length.
> Anyway, the PATH variables on NT are totally unclear to me

Your have system provaided interface:
ControlPanel/System/Environment  (No need for reboot or 'relog')

search algoritam for dll's: current dir, exe's dir, path dir's

Note: User environment is just appendix to system environment
    (except in overriding case)
    and user path is just appendix to system path.

ly-y'rs-gzeljko