Good Editor? (What's the big deal with syntax colouring?)

Grant Edwards grante at
Thu Mar 22 22:11:57 CET 2001

In article <mailman.985291829.27633.python-list at>, John Schmitt wrote:

>Why do people want syntax colouring?  I can't stand it.

At first, I didn't like it either. It took some getting used
to.  Now when a string, comment, keyword, or constant isn't in
the right color, it's an immediate hint that I've mis-typed

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  This ASEXUAL
                                  at               PIG really BOILS
                                 my BLOOD... He's
                                                   so... so... URGENT!!