Python -> C++ compilation

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Thu May 31 02:21:36 EDT 2001

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Courageous wrote:

> >But if the result will be C++ code, then what is the difference
> >HOW I've created it?
>
> If you consider the matter for a while, you'll find plenty of
> explanations. Just pretend you're me and have an argument
> with yourself. :-)

:-)  (-:

> > It's up to me if I write it myself or
> >create/use a tool for code generation.
>
> Sometimes it's up to you; often it's not.

Interesting.

> >BTW, the later will be clearer and more structured.
>
> Surely you're not suggesting that code generators
> produce code intended for human consumption?

I am suggesting that I do not want to type too much ;-)

-skip-
> >Quality and productivity are what is important, not tools.
>
> Corporations have additional concerns, like "who's going
> to maintain your code after you are gone?" Perhaps, for
> example, they don't want to train up a Python staff. If so,
> that's their loss, but also their prerogative.

I will not leave Python code around, only C++ one. (I know, it's not Gnu
policy to withdraw ultimate source, but it will not be Open Source
project. Code maintainability will not be affected by the fact I generate
it by hand or Python script will do it for me from true sources!

For example, recently I left a web-site (which I maintained by means of
WML on Linux) into other hands.

I left it with sources, but the one who will maintain it better likes
WISIWYG on Windows. It's not my problem: he has properly styled HTML code,
it's up to him to decide if it is easier for him to maintain it further
with WML or FrontPage.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi

P.S. I digged this out of postponed ;-)