Which gui for slow (133 Mhz) pc

Francesco S. scrutinizer at gmx.at
Thu Jul 25 16:54:43 EDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:41:40 -0400, Michael Gilfix
<mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 24 @ 18:38, Francesco S. wrote:
>> Following another thread, Qt seems to be also a very interesting
>> alternative, I don't know now, if I should spend some time to examine
>> the pyqt libraries, but this is another story, I think ...

Hello Michael,

>  GUI stuff always comes down to your needs really. But pretty much
>all the toolkits out there can accomplish the same thing, and at
>roughly the same speed (which is pretty decent to being with) for most
>applications.

I don't want to write "applications" now, at first I want to learn and
maybe write some tiny utilities for myself and play around.

>Wat you might want to ask yourself is: how portable
>does my application need to be (do I want *nix and windows support,
>for example) and do I need threading?  That's when it can get a little
>iffier and in that case, I've found wxPython to be best.
>
>                     -- Mike

Hm, again, the three alternatives:
Porbable is not the question now.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

1)  Tkinter: It is in startup time pretty good, and well documented ,
stable and straightforward.

2) wxPython is fast (after starting) and has many sophisticated
widgets.

3) PyQt: It is "professional" and powerful and is praised from the
most people here in this newsgroup.

--
Francesco