Python and Eclipse

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue Jun 25 08:33:14 EDT 2002

In article <3D17FAF4.35CC9F1B at earthlink.net>,
Joseph A Knapka  <jknapka at earthlink.net> wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I am interested in having Python support in
>Eclipse <URL: http://www.eclipse.org> - interested
>enough to contribute code, or to tackle the
>task myself, if need be. Of course, I'd like
>the Python support to be at least as good as the
>Java support, which is a pretty tall order,
>'cause the Java support in Eclipse is awfully
>damn good --- it nearly allows me to *enjoy*
>writing Java code :-)
>
>Anyway, I know some other folks have expressed
>interest in this as well, and I'd like to hook
>up with them. If you're working on Python+Eclipse
>and you've got code in any state of completion,
>I'm willing to alpha- or beta-test, fix stuff,
>add new stuff, etc.
			.
			.
			.
Can you say a few more words about Eclipse?  It ... well, I'm
wary.  I understand its marketing more than its technology,
and on hostile days, I think it's *only* marketing.  Maybe you
can make it more appealing.  "[It] nearly allows me to *enjoy*
writing Java ..." is certainly a good start.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net