Python and Scite

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Sep 25 15:06:40 EDT 2002

"Sperry Russ" <sperry at newcreations.info> wrote in
news:mailman.1032973593.30002.python-list at python.org:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to programming.  I have downloaded Python 2.2.1 and Scite
> 1.48 to learn how to program.  I am trying to configure my Scite so
> that it will run the python files by using go.  When I try to do this
> i get a message in the second window at the bottom -- unable to find
> file.  I have tried configuring the global options and have failed can
> anyone help me? I need a step by step example if you can because I
> cannot understand it according to the documentation that came with
> Scite

works out of the box for me. if you're on windows, make sure that python is
found in the PATH. i.e. edit PATH that it contains the python directory.
and you could look at PythonWin, it uses the editing component used in
scite and has some additional features for the python programmer.
additionaly it comes also with useful, de-facto standard, windows specific
extensions.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>