Scientific Python for Win32

Marijan Tadin tadin at cirus.dhz.hr
Thu Sep 26 04:04:34 EDT 2002

1. I am far away from expert but I've tried out netCDF module from
Scientific Python , you can download necessery dll-s from
http://basic.astrian.net/godzilla/  . Unfortunately, I am afraid that the
modules from Scientific Python that you need are not there, but you schould
check.

2. actualy you need *.dll and not *.exe files if you want to use compiled
binaries in Python on windows. (or maybe I just didn't understand your
message wright).

3. you can find more about extending Python on http://www.swig.org/, (check
swig manual). I think it is more understadable for easy start then
information on python.org, unfortunately only info about use of VC++ and not
Borland for Windows (even that info was difficult to find on net).

4. I feel that extending python is not so easy (if you are not experienced
C-programmer, like I am not), the main problem is not Python but knowlege of
C and details of particular compiler even more. If you know how to use dll-s
from Python (try some simple example from swig manual), then try to find
dll-s you need on Internet.

news:3D92082C.3050707 at rmc.ca...