How to install informixdb-1.3 for python2.2 on RH7.3?

J Dubal dubal at khimjiramdas.com
Thu Sep 5 02:55:53 EDT 2002

Hello good people!

As mentioned in its readme, informixdb-1.3 compiles, installs and
works with the stock python 1.5.2 of RH7.3. However, when we try to
compile it for python 2.2.1, informixdb's ./configure fails because it
is looking for Makefile.pre.in which is not there in python 2.2.1. It
appears that someone has to repackage informixdb with distutils. How
to do this? In the meanwhile can we install this manually? I do not
understand Makefile.pre.in. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Dubal.