Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:57:25 CEST 2003

Roman Suzi wrote:

> P.S. Just look at the neighboor thread:
> Subject: minidom toxml() not emitting attribute namespace qualifier

I feel the need to point out a couple of things in relation to this bug in

1. The bug was fixed in minidom, but not in the base distribution.

2. Using namespaced attributes is a fairly sophisticated thing to do. I think
that anyone whose usage of XML was advanced enough to use namespaced attributes
would be very likely to have the excellent pyxml library installed, and thus
would never see the bug.

3. The latter is evidenced by the fact that no-one seems to be clamouring to
have the bug fixed in the base distribution. It's been there for at least 8
months, probably longer. But anyone whose use cases might trip-off the bug will
most likely be using pyxml.minidom.

alan kennedy
email alan:              http://xhaus.com/mailto/alan