State of Python scripting on Mac OS X?

Mathieu Fenniak laotzu at pobox.com
Wed Mar 24 19:26:07 EST 2004

On 2004-03-24 16:42:04 -0700, Francis Avila <franga at shentel.net> said:

> So I guess I'm asking if anyone knowledgeable can point me in the right
> direction or tell me the current state of Python for AppleScript-ing.  If
> there's a project that's building a "complete" OSA scripting component
for
> Python, I might be interested in participating.

Python currently supports scripting through OSA very well.  The support is
not too well documented and can take a bit of getting used to, though.  The
interfaces are not the simplest they could be, but they work very well.

I've written to starter articles ragaring OSA scripting that might be
useful:
  http://stompstompstomp.com/weblog/technical/2003-09-22
  http://stompstompstomp.com/weblog/technical/2004-02-05

It's hard to find more information on using OSA with Python.  I was able to
scrape together enough to get it working, but I've never found a great
resource.  But, after the Python interface is figured out, the Script
Editor application provides enough insight into individual applications to
work.

Hope this helps.