I can't use cx_Oracle..help me.

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Fri Mar 5 07:42:55 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:08:17 +0100, Pieter Claerhout
<Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, the name of the DLLs is not included in your email, but I
>presume it's looking for the oci.dll file. Do you have the Oracle client
>tools installed on your system? If not, cx_Oracle will not work as it
>requires you to have the Oracle client tools installed.

I'm having a similar (i.e. DLL) problem.  I can find the oci.dll, but
one of the methods isn't found, so the DLL fails to load upon import.
>From me reading, I think my Python isn't compiled with the same
compiler as the cx_Oracle, which is mentioned as a requirement in the
cx_Oracle docs.

Just mentioning it in case the OP gets oci.dll in his path and then
runs into this also.

    --dang