Retic EAI server : looking for contributors

Alexander DEJANOVSKI alexander.dejanovski at laposte.net
Fri Mar 5 07:34:16 EST 2004

For those who don't know Retic, it is an EAI solution that was formerly
developed in Python, and now moved to Jython. (http://retic.sourceforge.net)
The python releases of Retic came in the early days of the project and were
pretty buggy. The Jython version has now a nice set of features and is
gaining, step-by-step, fame over the internet (type "eai server" in google
and you'll get it on the first pages).

I've had to stop developing the Python version of Retic because of my
inexperience in what the Python world offers as frameworks or communication
modules (Twisted, Zope, and for sure many others I don't know).

Two people recently offered me their contribution to restart Python Retic
development.

I think the Python community should have such software (call it EAI or ETL,
the difference isn't always clear), which is heavily required in the
enterprise world.

Anyone willing to participate, at any level of contribution, is welcome and
should contact me : alexander.dejanovski at laposte.net (please include Retic
in the subject to get past my spam filter).

The plan is to re-design PyRetic (the python version of Retic), basing it
on mature Python frameworks (twisted) and to grow both PyRetic and JyRetic,
thus, providing enterprise-class open source EAI to the Python community
and the Java community at the same time.

Hoping to ear from some of you real soon.

Alexander

PS : people thinking this is not a good initiative should feel free to tell
me so (and explain why).