Intro to concurrent programming with python

Jeff Duffy jeff at spamisnotmything.alanne.com
Fri Mar 5 12:36:34 EST 2004

Boogie El Aceitoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any good intro to threads with Python?

  Here's one:

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/Python/PyThreads.pdf

  I've found that depending on what you're trying to accomplish writing
an explicitly threaded implementation may not be the best way to go.

  Having come from a C and Java background, threading was pretty much
the only way I knew how to do multiple execution paths, but I found that
for things like writing network servers in Python I was better off using
asynchronous I/O. Look into the asyncore module and the Twisted
framework (http://www.twistedmatrix.com/) if that's what you need.