GUI Frameworks in Python?

Hugh Macdonald HughMacdonald at brokenpipefilms.com
Tue Mar 30 11:08:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:58:58 -0500
Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:

> Rebooted.  No wxPython apps run first.  Clicked on Demo icon and said
> "one thousand and wuh--" and the splash banner appeared.  Run it again
> and I get as far as "one thou--", so clearly there is some difference
> between the two and it's not pilot error.

I just wrote the following simple script:

#!/software/python/python2.2.2/linux/bin/python
import time
startTime = time.time()
from wxPython.wx import *
print "Time:",time.time()-startTime

On running multiple times, I get the following outputs:

Time: 4.60863804817
Time: 3.26165890694
Time: 3.24744296074
Time: 3.26767706871
Time: 3.25304102898

Definately something going on here..... going to try a reboot....

--
Hugh Macdonald
The Moving Picture Company