PyPerl 1.0.1 [requires Visual Studio compiler?]

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue Mar 30 07:29:16 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Eric @ Zomething wrote:

> As I'm a just poor boy with a dog, I do not own or use Visual Studio (as
> nice as it may be).  I do have/use the mingw 2.95.2-1 C++ compiler (in
> case of an emergency or if my life gets too simple).
>
> Is it possible to build this module with what I have?  Should I expect
> to need Visual Studio from time to time for building Python modules
> which dive into C++?  Am I totally off track here?  Is this just what I
> get for not absorbing some readme file?

I don't have the URL offhand, but www.python.org does have the information
on how to build a Distutils'ified package with MinGW, provided that
MinGW's gcc isn't allergic to the strain of C present.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia