PyPerl 1.0.1 [requires Visual Studio compiler?]

Peter Maas fpetermaas at netscape.net
Tue Mar 30 10:43:23 EST 2004

Eric @ Zomething wrote:
>     error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and extensions need to
>     be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't installed.

I had the same problem with Borland C++ 5.5. The cause is a
different object file format for compiled C++ code: MS has COFF,
Borland has OMF and a tool named COFF2OMF. I applied the tool to
python23.dll and could then compile extensions with the Borland
compiler. I have no idea which format Mingw32 uses. But recompiling
the Python source would surely have the same effect as applying
COFF2OMF to MS binaries.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de