Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) ieyf4fu02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 31 01:24:20 EST 2004

Peter Hickman wrote:
> I find bottom posting to be a real pain as when I look at a new message
> it defaults to showing me the top of the message and I then have to
> scroll through pages of quoted posts that I have already read just to
> read one or two lines stuck at the bottom.

That's equally bad. The issue isn't about so-called "top-posting"
vs. "bottom-posting". The issue is that you should only be
quoting SMALL amounts of the original post -- just enough to
establish a context for what you're about to say.

Then people don't have to scroll either way to find the
new content.

(You will notice that I did not quote any more of the original
message, either at the top or the bottom.)

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,