Spelling mistakes!

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Jan 9 18:24:55 EST 2006

skip at pobox.com writes:
>     Terry> But not faster than use a dict server!  Why not just use (e.g.)
>     Terry> kdict?
>
>     >> Maybe because not everybody has it?
>
>     Sybren> Lame excuse. If you don't have something but you do want to use
>     Sybren> it, you get it.
>
> I don't think I want it badly enough to figure out how to get it to work on
> my Mac.  (I'm assuming the "k" prefix implies it's part of KDE.)  I'm happy
> to continue googling for words I want defined.

On the Mac, use Butler. I *can't* say enough good things about Butler
on the Mac - it actually makes the UI bearable.

For this case, I can search any of Google, Wikipedia or Websters
online (both the dictionary and the thesarus) by typing the
appropriate hotkey, the word, and the enter key.

So not only does this make using google for spelling checking faster,
it makes it equally easy to check an online dictionary. Butler comes
preconfigured for either Webster or Dictionary.com, as well as
Wikipedia and some specialty dictionaries, and it's trivial to add a
search on any search engine that does a "GET" query.

       <mike