[PythonCE] Python 2.3 - Thanks

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Fri Oct 17 06:11:03 EDT 2003

Great.
Thanks very much guys for all your work and effort in this area.
I'm afraid I'm unable to help a great deal as I don't understand the
issues when porting stuff over.
I thought most of the module were written in C ! So I'm a little
surprised to hear of them as .py files :-)

I've got the 640k core distribution up and running - which now brings a
console window up - great ! Is this because ppceshell is now included as
standard ?

Of course I get import errors from my code... but it sounds like this
can be sorted fairly easily by including the right modules.
I'm excited about the idea of being able to distribute my code with
'minimal distributions' (including the possibility of zipping the
modules I use...).

So it's looking very good and I'm very grateful... thanks.

Fuzzyman

Guido Wesdorp wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I think I want to do some more work on trying to get more modules to
> work, right now most of them are just copied from a 2.3 release so
> there are most definitely a couple in there that won't (completely)
> work, but for the impatient I placed a rar-archive (I'm sorry, should
> have used zip I suppose, too late for that now since I'm at work and
> can't reach a Windows box) of Python 2.3/Tkinter, with a load of
> modules (couldn't get Tkinter to work, sorry for that ;) but most of
> the rest of the standard modules are in there) on the following url:
>
> http://debris.demon.nl/PythonCE-2.3.rar
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guido Wesdorp
>
> P.S. I haven't checked it for virii so if you download it and have a
> virus killer installed please let me and the list know if it's okay...

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
The Atlantibot coding message group.
---
http://www.atlantibots.org.uk