[PythonCE] Python 2.3.4 for StrongARM Pocket PC 2003 (and 2002) availabie

Paul Sokolovsky pfalcon at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 25 02:15:23 EDT 2004

Hello David,

Saturday, June 19, 2004, 12:12:42 PM, you wrote:

DLK> I am just about to submit the sources to be integrated into the
DLK> official Python development tree.  That way Python for Windows/CE
DLK> will easily track the regular Python development.

     Thank you very much!

DLK>   Got the compatibility
DLK> with full-blown Windows pretty close, so the difference from the
DLK> normal Win32 build of Python should be very small.

     The news are very nice! But first of all, does it support notion
of current directory? YMMV, but IMHO without this ground feature it's
too early to speak of compatibility. Lots of software won't work or
will work incorrectly.

DLK> I have been using the core Python interpreter for a pretty big project
DLK> here and 2.3.4 has been very solid on Pocket PC 2003.  I have not had
DLK> time to test ALL the features of core Python nor most of the "external"
DLK> modules (like PyWin32).  So, I am really interested in feedback on
DLK> how they are working.

     What about Python testsuite?

     I used to hack your previous port by rebuilding it with CELIB
(sane C runtine for wince) and running testsuite. Well, I cannot
say I made it run fully, but I made around a dozen fixes for some
tests to pass. Unfortunately, I paused working on that for now, and if
I'd restart that, I would probably say bye to eVC and used
arm-wince-gcc port ( http://mamaich.kasone.ru/fr_pocket.htm ).

[]

--
Best regards,