[Pythonmac-SIG] Proof of concept - Cocoa Python applet with Interface Builder!

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:50:59 +0200

bill fancher wrote:

> > If you want to have a look at this: get http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/
> > mac/nibpythonexample.tar.gz, read the README and play away!
>
> It might be worth dumping the "build" directory from the CurrencyConverter
> project since it constitutes the bulk of the download and will be
> regenerated by PB. ("Clean" in PB doesn't really make things very clean.)

Well, it's just plain superfluous to include the build sub-
directory. Even if you clean it in PB, it doesn't go away,
but only some of the contents. And, yes, usually it's big.

> Haven't really had a chance to get into the code yet, but look forward to
> doing so. Thanks to all involved.

Nor did I yet, but I'm very interested in it... ;-)

Please note that you probably have used PB 2.x which should
be only available on OS X 10.2. On my 10.1.5 PB does com-
plain, but loads the project. Note that it is very hard to
downgrade a project manually to a previous version of PB,
so I'd stick to 1.1 unless you really have to use 2.x...

Dinu