[Pythonmac-SIG] python 2.0

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Oct 28 10:36:43 EST 2003

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 02:36 PM, Yves Serrano wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new on this mailing list :-)
>
> I work with python on mac os x.
> For blender 2.25 (3D program, http://www.blender.org) I need python
> 2.0 support on os x.
> Does anybody of you have a bin python 2.0 os x package? All I found is
> python21. The GameEngine in Blender 2.25 only works with python2.0.
>
> The compilation from source failed:
> libtool -o libpython2.0.dylib -dynamic  libpython2.0.a -framework
> System -lcc_dynamic -arch_only ppc -U _environ
> ld: can't use -U flags when -twolevel_namespace is in effect
> libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[1]: *** [libpython2.0.dylib] Error 1
> make: *** [python] Error 2

Phew, 2.0 is really old, the last time that code was compiled was
probably under OSX 10.0,
maybe even Public Beta...

What you could try is add -flat_namespace to the linker flags. I don't
remember
exactly where to set it for 2.0, but if you find the spot where the
"-U _environ" is set that would be a good place to try it.

Hmm, but I'm not sure whether that is enough, I seem to remember there
was magic for linking the main application too.

A wholly different idea: could you install MacOSX 10.1 plus the
accompanying developer tools on a spare partition? I think there's a
reasonable chance that 10.1 will be able to build Python 2.0 out of the
box.
Goldman