[Pythonmac-SIG] fink vs DarwinPorts?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 4 19:17:53 CET 2005

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> I've seen a lot of discussion lately about fink and darwinports and I'm
> wondering if folks who have experience with either can comment on their
> relative merits?

While we're at it, let's add Gentoo/Portage to the mix. I have been very
impressed with Gentoo Linux, but haven't tried portage for OS-X yet.

By the way, my personal criteria is that I want it to "play well" with
Apple's stuff. I do not want a system within a system, which is what
finks seems to do. For example, I want it to use Apple's supplied Python
and X11.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov