[Pythonmac-SIG] More on stdin and python scripts in BBEdit and TextWrangler

Troy Rollins troy.rollins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 14:29:13 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:38:30 -0500, Charles Hartman
<charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:
> Well, one other option -- not free, but not very expensive -- is
> WingIDE (wingware.com). I've gotten to like it very much, even though I

I would agree with that. I've tested every available IDE for Mac, and
WingIDE is the most complete, as well as the most stable. The
debugging tools, and the project management capabilities also are very
beneficial. The X11 requirement is a bit of a PITA though, I'll agree.
Performance in screen redraw is probably the biggest victim of it. I'm
moving on to a faster Mac shortly (from my Powerbook to a dual tower)
and hoping that I see some improvement.

I'm very glad there is WingIDE, but still very much hoping that
something better will come along. For me, I would prefer something
commercial, with the polish and support and ongoing development that
comes with it. Open source, and volunteer efforts are great, but not
for the tools that we drive the company on.
--
Troy Rollins
RPSystems, Ltd.