[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Matplotlib interactive/GUI - How to?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 7 20:07:32 CET 2005

Charles Moad wrote:
> I don't think this file is ever explicitly made for you.  You can
> download a sample from his website,
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/.matplotlibrc.  Download this and put
> it in your home dir.

Yes, there is one there by default:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/share/matplotlib/.matplotlibrc

By the way, Lou, once you get Tkinter working right, I think the version
of matplotlib you got from me won't work with it. I think I've got a
version now that does, but I don't need it at the moment, and I got
distracted with other things. I was hoping Robert Kern would put it out
with MacEnthon soon, but he doesn't seem to have it released yet. I've
corresponded with him about it, and I think he's got it all set to go,
but I don't know where he's intending to put his stuff, or when.

If anyone wants a mpkg of matplotlib that works with wx, TK, and Agg,
let me know and I'll put one together, and give it to Bob to put on his
site. I'm not going to do a GTK one, as it doesn't make sense. If you're
using GTK, you're using fink or darwinports, and you should install
matplotlib through them.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov